Dates coming soon
Planning and accountability in an uncertain world
This is for anyone who is responsible for delivering something and is dependent on others to do so, and wants to hold people accountable in a way that empowers rather than micro-manages them.
Why we need to re-think how we hold people accountable
Traditional ways of managing people assume that the “higher-ups” in the hierarchy know best what needs to be done. In a business or stakeholder environment subject to rapid change, agile approaches assume those closest to the customer are those will find the best solution.
How can we agree on plans together in a changing and uncertain world? How can we sense if the plans are realistic, and how do we ensure accountability? How do we do so in a manner that harnesses the insight and unleashes the creativity? How to we identify problems early enough to take corrective action? How do we do so in the context of remote and hybrid working?
Do you consistently have clear agreements with those you depend upon to achieve your goals? Do your agreements empower others to deliver without constraining them unnecessarily on how to deliver? If you feel there is room for improvement in your work, join us for this interactive and insightful workshop where we will support you to enhance your planning and accountability skills.
In this workshop you will learn how to pick up signals earlier when someone is not going to deliver something on time. You will have a better understanding of why someone might not deliver, and how to have a conversation about it.
We will also ask you to reflect on your own patterns. Do you deliver inconsistently? Or are you reliable because you play it too safe?
Analysing what your team members and colleague’s need and how you can support them will give you the data to take initiatives to enhance your Process Leadership skills.
If you want to take your learning one step further, we recommend deepening your development with an optional one or two 45-minute one-on-one coaching session.
- Understanding why things go wrong with reference to model of Impeccable Coordination (why others fail to meet your expectations, why you fail to meet others’ expectations)
- Holding people accountable for outcomes, not actions
- Supporting and ensuring early-warnings without controlling or nagging
- Managing priorities and workload with reference to Kanban method
- Defining a next action to put your learning into practice
- Introduction: Leadership framework
- Integrity and Impeccable Coordination (Fred Kofman model) – and why things go wrong
- Objectives and Key Results, and Definition-of-done
- Prioritising and limiting work-in-progress using the Kanban method
- Peer coaching model
- Peer coaching on planning, prioritising and ensuring accountability
- Harvest and completion
What is included
- Pre-workshop assignment with a self-assessment questionnaire
- Post-workshop assignment to anchor insights
- Live workshop via Zoom
- Recording of workshop available for 6 months
Time Commitment is 2.5 hours + optional 1.5 hours:
- 30-minute pre-workshop preparation
- 2 hour live workshop
- Optional two 45 min coaching sessions at a discounted rate
By participating in an online workshop you are consenting to a password-protected recording of the plenary parts of the workshop being made available to participants. Peer coaching and group discussions will not be part of the recording. Only share what you are comfortable sharing. If you do not want to be identified, please turn your video sharing off and only share you first name or a nickname.
Register for Process Leadership Workshop
Dates coming soon
Are you interested in the workshops covering the other domains of the Beyond Either Or Leadership Development Framework, Self Leadership and Relationship Leadership?
The more workshops you attend, the less you pay per workshop. For each workshop you attend, you will have the option to book one or two 45-minute individual coaching calls at a reduced rate.
Process Leadership Workshop€ 200
Two Workshops€ 350
All Three Workshops€ 450